Saturday, January 23, 2010

Stuck in a Closed Spiral

I've escaped . . .
For more than a year, I haven't been here to write. Last night, the decision was made: Get back to blogging, to writing, to creative and critical thinking. So, here I am.

I've been working diligently in Africa since November 2008. Yes, the internet connection there in Kenya is slow. Yes, I am often exhausted. Yes, to all your questions. However, there is no REASON for my not having written. I just stopped writing.

Recently, my computer has been near-fatally ill. Since I am technology-dependent, I suffered withdrawal. Typing on strange keyboards in Cyber-Cafes wasn't fulfilling. Clicking, pushing, flipping an external mouse belonging to some other writer creeped me out. When my grandson restored my wireless ability yesterday, excitement - adrenaline - rushed through my body.

MY OWN COMPUTER, yippee, can now take me surfing. I can use GoogleEarth and follow footsteps: my own, and YOURS, too, if you tell me where you've been. I can read email in less than a minute. I can post on Facebook and CHAT!!!!

The urge to post a blog entry overcame me this morning. I traced the forgotten password and my tingling fingertips began to dance.

Hoorah!!! I've escaped from my closed spiral! Watch me dance!!!!

No comments: